Ultimate Subaru Message Board

OK heres the latest chapter in my transmission swap. 99 OBW auto into a 99 leg GT 5 speed. I am also putting the 5 speed into my 99 obw.

To do the swap I decided to pull the dash and swap the harnesses along with all the relays etc. Basically anything that had to do with the auto went into the GT: ECU, harness, ABS ECU, Ignition switch,

The OBW has heated seats and windshield so i took those wires out of the auto harness and added them to the 5 speed harness(from end to end with the factory connectors)

I finally got the GT put back together far enough that I felt it was time to check the wiring. The only things that I dont have hooked up are the O2 sensors and the MAF sensor. All grounds are hooked up on both fenders.

So my problem is that when I turn the key on I get no AT oil light or Check engine light, no fuel pump running for 5 sec. The ABS light comes on and turns off and all the shifter locking unlocking mech. work. Then when I turn the key off the power to the headlight stays on and the ABS light and brake light( if its pulled) are on real faint. Heres another gem. If I put the car in reverse everything turns off like its supposed to.

One other thing is that the wiring for the shifter is part of the body harness. It hooks up on the passenger kick panel to two plugs a black multi plug and a white one. Instead of hacking up the harness in the OBW I went to the junkyard and cut that part out of another auto then added it to the GTs body harness.

ANY THOUGHTS. I know Its a lot to follow. Im going to tear into the wiring diagrams and see if i can track down the powers, grounds etc... any help would be much appreciated. Thanks,Craig