Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2002 WRX Wagon-clock doesn't work??

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 93legacytouringturbo

93legacytouringturbo

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Monterey,CA

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:40 AM

Clock doesn't work on my wrx wagon....I've look for a bad fuse,but can't find any fuse connecting to clock???Loose wire maybe??

#2 Cougar

Cougar

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 6,342 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:17 PM

The problem could be a loose wire but it most likely is a bad solder connection to a resistor on the clock board. It is a pretty common problem. Here is one link that shows the trouble and how to fix it.

http://www.scoobymod...highlight=clock

#3 93legacytouringturbo

93legacytouringturbo

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Monterey,CA

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:29 PM

Hey cougar,THANKS!!!

#4 Durania

Durania

• Members
  • 3,113 posts
  • Crossville, TN

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:49 PM

I assume you are talking about the clock that is one the dash. Are you sure someone did not yank the clock out to put a gauge pack in there and just forgot maybe to hook the clock up when they sold it?

#5 EVOthis

EVOthis

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,392 posts
  • Kennett Square PA

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:26 PM

The problem could be a loose wire but it most likely is a bad solder connection to a resistor on the clock board. It is a pretty common problem. Here is one link that shows the trouble and how to fix it.

http://www.scoobymod...highlight=clock

Thanks for the link cougar...I've always wondered what actually caused this failure...fore I've seen dozens of these clocks fail on the overhead console foresters and in dash imprezas...much appreciated...;)

#6 Cougar

Cougar

• Members
  • 6,342 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:26 AM

Your welcome for the link. There is another one out there also someone did and I think you can find it on this site if you search for it.

The trouble is real common. I think once the resistor is resoldered correctly that fixes it. I repaired a clock for one of the members here over 2 years ago for his Forester and it is still working fine as far as I know.

#7 howards11

howards11

2000 Forester L

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • PHL

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:01 AM

Your welcome for the link. There is another one out there also someone did and I think you can find it on this site if you search for it.

The trouble is real common. I think once the resistor is resoldered correctly that fixes it. I repaired a clock for one of the members here over 2 years ago for his Forester and it is still working fine as far as I know.

YEP........once Cougar did his magic with the clock in my 2000 Forester it has continued to work. :grin:

~Howard
:banana:

#8 Cougar

Cougar

• Members
  • 6,342 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:01 AM

Glad to hear that Howard. Thanks for the update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users