Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Intercooler Q

Why jump brands? The WRX intercooler lends itself very well to be mounted in our cars. Not only that... since the after market for WRX's is so large, and there being so many front mount kits, and larger top mount intercoolers, the stock ones are getting really easy and cheap to find.

I saw one last night, on ebay But It Now for $50. I won't tell you who got it, but it was someone here.

Not only does the stock intercooler fit well, it also has a mount for a BOV/BPV. So fabbing a spot up for one is gone, just bolt it on! And again, because of the aftermarket for the WRX there are a plethora for BOV/BPV's we can get for it.

Now that I said all that. Yes, i've looked at the RX-7's IC. In fact, i just about bought one... before i happened upon the deal I got my WRX IC at. Which was nearly a year ago... and I paid way to much ($150 i think). I agree that it would work pretty well. I am however that I went with the WRX one... there are soo many more options for us that way.

It never hurts to see someone do it though. Don't want everyone's EA82T to look the same!

Thanks Chris

Nice score Will

There are a couple of Gen II Rx7 ICs around here for obscenely cheap.. I know that they work well on the RX7, and being a topmount design and one of them having airflow ductwork attached, along with being wayyyy cheap makes them very attractive.