Ultimate Subaru Message Board

white 3 door coupe build SJR 5/4

Scott in Bellingham

goin to lift her. .... startin tomarrow if you would like to help 23 Jan 2010

its a 1.8 SPFI 2 wheel drive DL

will be installing a dual range , rear axle setup with welded diff and addin lift

will be runnin 235/75-15 MTs on yota rims

5" lift front 4" lift rear,

4294443212_3539fc73cd_o.jpg

the car has the usual stringy dog hairs, pushed in front bumper and hood thats bent fronm flying up while drivin

yesterday got quite a bit done, got the rear all swapped over from 2wd to 4wd , got the diff mounted and added the 4" lift at the rear, there was no threaded holes for the mustache bar so I drilled up threw and added bolts , got the tranny swapped out needed to change flywheel to the bigger 4wd one, Eric showed up and helped me get the tranny mated up, dropped the engine cross member and added a 5" alloy SJR block from my original red car, had to mill out the holes cause it origanally was a radius rod block wich has a wider spacing, , whats left, button up the engine, install 5" lift blocks on the front struts and 4" blocks on the radius rod mount, weld up a mount for the driveline bearing carrior as there is no threaded holes, then off the Walker Valley next Saturday to try it out SJR

been to busy to post pics,

hardest part was welding up 2 spots to bolt the driveshaft carrier bearing to , that was fun , smoke filled the car, drove it last night 4' back and forth in the shop, new tranny works fine along with the new clutch, I wasnt sure if it would be grabby as I used all used parts and the preasure plate needed a good cleanin as it had al ayer of rust on it its smooth so Im happy, should finish her up tonight ,

all thats left to do now is steering extension, trim the fenders, hook up muffler, pitch bar, and it will drive,

I'm liking the cross linked strut rod bracket blocks. I had to do that on mine after the individual blocks toppled and ripped the nuts out of the body.

I don't thing the pitch stopper will hold up like that but I may be a more abusive driver than you. Mine folded up like a wet noodle. The pitch stopper bracket from an early legacy fits on to the EA tranny and lets you use a shorter pitch stopper. I used the stock pitch stopper out of either an EA or an EJ, I can't remember which, but it fit perfect. That's with a 3" crossmember drop though.