Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So. California EA82 Wheeler

JacksonRally

And the rest of that nonsense is for emissions, which I may need to get the rest of that stuff. Not sure yet how the smog nazis are going to treat this one.

I would assume since your wagon was not OBD-II originally, they would look for a CEL and do the tail pipe sniffer, and if it passed it wouldn't matter. However it is California and after hearing the nightmare that my brother had getting his Audi Coupe Quattro to pass smog I would only own an old car in CA... Good Luck!

I am keeping an eye on this fuel temp and tank pressure issue as well, I would also like to have the check engine light off.

I would assume since your wagon was not OBD-II originally, they would look for a CEL and do the tail pipe sniffer, and if it passed it wouldn't matter. However it is California and after hearing the nightmare that my brother had getting his Audi Coupe Quattro to pass smog I would only own an old car in CA... Good Luck!

I am keeping an eye on this fuel temp and tank pressure issue as well, I would also like to have the check engine light off.

This I'd what I'm hoping for. I would like to just bring it in and smog it like it was an 87. Just hope the guy dont know its now obd 2.

I had a pretty busy weekend, started on the winch bumper, wired the headlights and dropped the new motor into my brothers Forester. The GL has almost 500 miles on her now. I still have one reoccurring code for an o2 sensor. Its nice to cruise in traffic at 70/75 mph with A full car. Still has a few quirks but its getting there. Struts/shocks need to be addressed asap.