Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WRX Brat Build

Mr. Brat

Yes like those you posted. But I am going to use the tmic, I think its a cleaner install. As for all the ones you posted, they don't have the wrx suspension. They are using the xt6 5 lug swap.

Which leads me to another question... Has anyone put the xt6 air suspension under an EA81? If it does... does a xt6 trans bolt up to a EJ20T?

As for all the ones you posted, they don't have the wrx suspension. They are using the xt6 5 lug swap.

I thought that blue Sti brumby was running full wrx sti suspention.

Its Also fitted with a 6spd.

I read a few articals about that one a few years ago.

Had a whole crashed V7? Sti wrx that was used as a doner car.

Edited by kiwi subbie

I thought that blue Sti brumby was running full wrx sti suspention.

Its Also fitted with a 6spd.

I read a few articals about that one a few years ago.

Had a whole crashed V7? Sti wrx that was used as a doner car.

Kiwi- I was thinking the same think, but his wheels don't stick out near as far as yours you. They are still inside the funders.

Don't the gold Brembos imply that it is STI suspension under there? Or lots of fabbing, I suppose.

Jacob

not necessarily, not too difficult to put EJ brakes on EA trailing arms.

But, I do believe it was running the EJ suspension anyway. Considering the amount of fabrication required to mount the EJ crossmember and fabbing strut towers, making the track narrower while you're at it would not be difficult at all.

not necessarily, not too difficult to put EJ brakes on EA trailing arms.

But, I do believe it was running the EJ suspension anyway. Considering the amount of fabrication required to mount the EJ crossmember and fabbing strut towers, making the track narrower while you're at it would not be difficult at all.

Ok. I was thinking about the front only, and I was thinking the same thing as far as making the wheels stay in further since you're already changing everything else.

Jacob

Not if you are doing it like I am, I will still have the brats stock suspension, but most everything in the front is now ej/xt6

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=117101

Soon I will be upgrading to coil overs in the front, and I'm going to get upgraded sway bars. I don't think that it will handle that badly when it's all put together!

That is the brat that got got me going on this. I was thinking of the frankin motor... but that still leaves the weak EA axles and washy suspension.

nothing wrong with the axles. And with a basic 5-lug swap, the suspension is pretty easy to fix.

I really don't understand the reason to go to the trouble of swapping the whole EJ rear suspension under an EA8x car. A whole lot of work, that has to be very accurately done, for....what?

I really don't understand the reason to go to the trouble of swapping the whole EJ rear suspension under an EA8x car. A whole lot of work, that has to be very accurately done, for....what?

I agree with this too, I have talked to the owner of the black brat posted above on another forum, and they said that they would never do it again, it was a really big pain and took a lot of time to get it right. They also are a bit wider so it needed those flares, the gas tank has to be removed and relocated, and you have to build your own strut towers.