Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SE WI, Milwaukee Regional/Subaru Alliance

we have both the Harbor Freight tubing bender, and the shop press (have lots of HF stuff here lol) and they do work, but the issue with the tubing bender is that it likes to flatten your average exhuast tubing, it doesnt give the nice curves of a professional bender.

If you only need to bend a small angle it would be fine (20 degrees or less), but to create deeper more rounded pieces (like the section that fits around the rear drivetrain) - not gonna happen with this thing - not nicely anyway.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So its a waste of money for making a header.

Guess I'll buy pre-bent sections for the down pipes.

yes, for making the tight bends you would need for headers, it is a waste of money.

purchasing a variety of pre-bent pieces in different angles and fabricating that way would make your dollars go much further.

Does anyone have a solid date/place/time for Don Miller? I heard it was going to be June 10th, location was sketchy as was time frame.

Might only be bringing the EA82 :( Gotta claim my trophy with the EA82 for the 3rd year in a row ;)

• 2 weeks later...