Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SE WI, Milwaukee Regional/Subaru Alliance

I don't know what the hell is going on here and have not read a single post here but just wanted to jump in with a quick story about the Alliance.

BTW , from quick glance looks like you guys are having fun here. Love the rust ! :lol:

So .... I'm parting out this '79 4WD wagon here recenty. Certainly going to be the last one around here along the shore. Only reason the car is still here is because the prev. owner is an engineer where I work and is a real hustler and general DIY guy. He's spend the time finding the parts at yards ,internet , etc. and even found a source with the Alliance !!

That's right, I have a package from some town in WI that starts with W ...Wau ...something.... from "The Subaru Alliance".

So yuze feeekin guyz helped string that old wagon along untill it found me !!! :banana:

Right on Mo Fo's !!! You guys took care of me in the long run. Thanks! and happy motoring ! Cheers!

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had a few other Subarus but the one I was there for was a '79 wagon. You might be right though. I think he mentioned a Loyale wagon. I could see where he'd be a roll down window DL guy like me. :lol: His gig was he'd go to the yards and make them GL's for cheap. Great guy that I was lucky to cross paths with.

ha! thats great, Tom, i wonder did that box come from you? you are the only resident waukesha SA dude!

you know those peugeots you are riing on originally came from moosens via desmond, before i had them.. those wheels are now whores, being around the block on all of our cars

you know those peugeots you are riing on originally came from moosens via desmond, before i had them.. those wheels are now whores, being around the block on all of our cars

Those whores ain't ever been on my wagon, I had to smuggle in some whores from IA :lol:

oh. that i dunno, i just had the sweet hubcaps.

I should have brought mine with me today and see if it will pop onto the hole. If you still had your stock steelies you can try to stick a Pug cap on them and that would tell you.

Scott, I wonder, you know that Static noise I have all the time with my radio? I wonder, can the head unit be causing it? Even though this was a new Pioneer in 2010, once, it froze up and got stuck on until I shut the car off, so can this thing be messed up?

All the Audio in my EA82 works perfect, but then again, I ran all the wiring with fresh 14ga speaker wire in 2007 and its all Pioneer componets.

Either way, it seems like the radio is picking up power somewhere from the vehicle (Even when its not running though WTF?)

how are your speaker s grounded? do you have the little noise reducer off the coil present?

didi you connect the speakers to common ground, or run individual wire?

you can ground the headunit through the antenna.

how are your speaker s grounded? do you have the little noise reducer off the coil present?

didi you connect the speakers to common ground, or run individual wire?

you can ground the headunit through the antenna.

For the Legacy, I used the existing door wiring. This problem just start a few weeks ago, I don't get it.

If the speaker is screwed to the door through metal, it should be more then grounded eh?

What if I run a wire from the Headunit's housing to a body screw? Or am I missing the point?

the speaker is going to ground thru the negative wire back to the headunit. If hte dpeakers have a body ground, you will have to jump a wire from the - terminal on the speaker to the screws thru the body. the speaker does not ground thru the mounting screws.

I thought you were posting about the ea82, with a chassis ground for the speakers. I would have to see a legacy stereo schematic to tell if it shares ground with front/front, rear/rear

You may bea bel to retrofit a noise capacitor from an ea82. Is it alternator whine?

Ah, I see. Maybe I'll give that a try when I get bord.

Nope, its not from the Alt, it sounds like consistant "White Noise" its always in the background. I do notice that, if you hit a window switch, put the brake on, or anything else that draws power, the static fades out then builds back up.

the speaker is going to ground thru the negative wire back to the headunit. If hte dpeakers have a body ground, you will have to jump a wire from the - terminal on the speaker to the screws thru the body. the speaker does not ground thru the mounting screws.

I thought you were posting about the ea82, with a chassis ground for the speakers. I would have to see a legacy stereo schematic to tell if it shares ground with front/front, rear/rear

You may bea bel to retrofit a noise capacitor from an ea82. Is it alternator whine?

Maybe I Should listen to my Dad more offen Lol, he knows everything about Audio stuff (As he's built enough systems)

Guess thats just the 20 y.o thinking his old man's info is incorrect :lol:

:grin:Welcome to adult-hood!!! (that is when you finally realize that maybe, just maybe, your folks just might have been right about something all those years!!) :grin:

the scary part now - you find more and more things that your parents were right about!! :eek:

i usually get white noise when i have the volume turned up high on speakers with nothing being sent thru them. what is the RMS wattage out put per channel on your deck, and what are the speakers rated for?

Edited by xbeerd

i usually get white noise when i have the volume turned up high on speakers with nothing being sent thru them. what is the RMS wattage out put per channel on your deck, and what are the speakers rated for?

Its 50w per channel, and the rear speakers being aftermarket, they are rated at 200w. the fronts are stock and I'm guessing 65w and 4ohm. If I remember right.

Maybe I should swap out the fronts for the same aftermarket speakers, Maybe it will even it out? I've never had a problem with my EA82 (But I am running all Non-stock stuff in it)

So whatever :lol:

200watts rms? why would you buy 200 watt speakers to hook up to a 50watt deck? your only putting 50watts out if the deck is at 100% which im sure you arent as that would be quite loud. lol

i dont think its the speakers that is the problem

The last time I hauled scrap metal I saw this white car far in the distance as I headed towards their building. I immediately knew what it was and was pissed as this place sells absolutely nothing on their lot. I'd seen a few of these driving around town for awhile, I just can't believe it ended up at the scrap yard and not on my lot.

6666.jpg

656565.jpg

Hopefully I'm not too guilty, this is the body of one of my 89 wagons hanging from the loader bucket. I kept most everything from the dash area, the entire front and rear ends, and all of the doors. Plan is to build the other wagon into something worth driving. I wanted to swap windshields but I royally screwed up when trying to remove the good one, instant huge crack so I bashed it with a hammer multiple times.

P1020026.jpg

Edited by 93Newbaru