Ultimate Subaru Message Board

chaser and justy mods

hello all,

i have seen lots of lifted wagons, hatchbacks and brats on this board but i haven't seen any lifted chasers or justys.

is there something very different about them that makes them no good for lifting and modifying for off-roading?

i have access to tons of chasers and a few justys in Vancouver and i think it would be really cool to see one all done up for off-roading...

am i the only personwho thinks this or do others agree with me?

thanks for your input!

interesting...

i just looked at the only picture i have of a chaser and it looks very much like the 3dr hatchbacks. it probably is...

but still no justy...

hmmm...

any takers???

i'll just come out and say it now, before people beat around the bush for 10 posts. the justy is generaly considered an inferior subaru. low power, doesnt go good with big tires, and i dont think they would hold up offroad that well, because of the entirely short suspension. and you cant get big wheels to mount big tires on anyway, without some drilling, or something. and there is no aftermarket at all, not that theres much for the others. theres alot of reasons why no justys.

the chasers are ea81 hatchbacks, and they get lifted all the time.

screw the justy idea,work on your brat,theyre not too common up here for some reason,neither are modded older subes.Iguess they all got bought up by trust fund hippies,driven to Tofino and left for dead.It would be nice to see some cool brats in vancouver,Im getting sick of seing all these lowered imprezas around.What a shame!

man I may have seen 1 brat in my whole life (I just remember a small red truck with funny seats in the back) So I don't think they made it to vanc. island.

About the justys, they also don't have low range. Rallyin is what they do best, though their small wheelbase would look cool with suzuki samurai running gear or somethign :D