Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cold Air Intake Mod?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 RapidElastic

RapidElastic

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • PG, Canada

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:46 PM

My friend has a K&N cold air intake on his honda civic hatchback. But after getting hit by a snowplow he is parting the car out :P So my question is can I fit this to my 93 loyale? And has anyone done something similiar? My main concern is getting the MAF in there. I'm going to look at it later today. If anyone has advice or info it would be much appreciated!

#2 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,562 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:18 PM

go ahead to use up what is otherwise a spare part, but either way, it's no improvement, if not worse

#3 RapidElastic

RapidElastic

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • PG, Canada

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:40 PM

True i would have worse heat sink. If I were to cut a hole in the hood above where the filter is and place a walmart hood scoop over top then Im thinking i may get some benefit. It would look bad but the car isnt beautiful anyway.

#4 Durania

Durania

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,113 posts
  • Crossville, TN

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:29 PM

For crying out loud. Don't rice out a Loyale.

If the car isn't beautiful, don't make it tacky and stupid.

Edited by Durania, 21 April 2011 - 07:36 PM.

#5 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,562 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:49 PM

put it on the airbox side of the MAF and make it come through the fender. otherwise, you are just cutting up a car to install a random piece.

what i suggest would actually serve a purpose. between the MAF and the engine would probably screw up the helmholz resonation.

#6 RapidElastic

RapidElastic

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • PG, Canada

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:57 PM

Quite true i guess for the amount of work i wont be getting much probably wont bother. And i dont want the MAF to get all finicky.

#7 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:46 PM

You already have a cold air intake - the stock airbox draws air from the wheel well.

GD

#8 RapidElastic

RapidElastic

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • PG, Canada

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:10 PM

Besides not being heatshielded and not having a high flow filter sure :) ive decided i wont do it anyway. Not worth the effort. Just thought ide try and squeeze some more juice into it since it wouldnt cost me anything. Thanks for the help though!

#9 Ricearu

Ricearu

Official De-Ricer!

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  • DFW, TX

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:08 PM

just look into the maf and see how big the port is. then you will understand that bigger filter is useless

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users