Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey Guys:

Will a standard 15" steel wheel with a tire fit in the spare tire sump and allow the cover to lay down flat?

I'm looking to replace the temp spares on (2) 95 Imprezas, (1) 91 Legacy and (1) 95 legacy (all sedans/coupes).

Thanks, Todd

• 2 years later...

Spare tire ques: what fits my p 185 65 R 14 in winter tires as a spare on a 93 Sub Legacy LS?

I found this answer below on a tire sizing page  for a 14 in 93 Legacy tire saying the 15 in is correct?

I am getting confused

because I changed the summer fancy 15 inch wheels for some good ratty 14 in winters

and the doughnut tire is marked 16 inch.  This is a newish vehicle for me from a lady and dont know if the 16 in is correct. Logicaly it doesnt seem so- what think  as I have got to get a spare sap

Love the 93 Legacy  . I have a running 92 Loyale for hualing firewood down off our property and a dead 94 Loyale for parts[ computer I think]

cheers and thanks for your thoughts :wacko:

The tire brand is Tracompa-3. Tire size is T135/70 15

I have been pondering a good spot for full size spare tires myself as I'd like to convert that compartment to an aux (removable) battery compartment for camping/welding/buffoonery/survival....

something tells me a hitch with mount would be the most efficient method of carrying multiple full size spares outside the cabin.

Thanks  for that but it does not seem to be the case- only size mentioned is the reg wheels- not the spare.   From my perusing diferent doenut spares they seem to be numbered one size higher for the rqd size!  So the 14 in rqs 15 size and 15  in wants 16 in- Any idea whats going on or I got wrong size spares on my vehicle- there was a marked 16 in spare doenut for my 15 in rims when i got the vehicle but my winters are 14 in!

Was at the dump looking at doenut spares there and ones that appear to fit 14 in  [ standing height] are marked 15 [ but wrong holes etc]  whew Can anybody with older legacy  lift their cargo plate and read the spare number for 14 in reg tires vehicle?

thanks!

Original spare size will be listed on the tire inflation and loading sticker in the drivers door jamb.

I was thinking of putting it up top tween the roof racks and filling the cargo area with sand for winter traction- we have crazy roads here lots slush and many hills

That is when I get my hands on one:)

I have been pondering a good spot for full size spare tires myself as I'd like to convert that compartment to an aux (removable) battery compartment for camping/welding/buffoonery/survival....

something tells me a hitch with mount would be the most efficient method of carrying multiple full size spares outside the cabin.