Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Trail Riding Meet - South Jersey - yup , the Barrens

Soon , very soon. I'm hoping to get down there in the next week or two.

Mostly we're going for other reasons beyond bashing the tar out of a car. We're going to give the car some exercise and avoid trouble - but you can go as hog wild as you choose to, just have a plan and equipment for your or your car's extraction. :)

For the new and unknowing , we generally meet at the ranger station in Atsion NJ on Rt. 206 - over across from the station in the large grassy area surrounding the gravel parking area. The riding is 99% over sandy trails that are hard packed enough to support a Front Wheel Drive car andwe've even seen old RWD cars go thru too. So its nothing to be worried about if you don't act like an idiot.

Smart to have such items as a tow strap , lunch , water , etc.. Think ahead and plan accordingly. Recent rain means it'll be soggy - too dry it'll be a lot of dust in the face of whoever is not in the lead position ..... need to fix a flat over sand? Then you'll need a good base for your jack - 2 x 12 about 24" long works great or thick plywood .....

Can't stress this enough: we personally will not be going all out but will be enthusiastically moving through the forest. :)

Our mission is to p/u some wheels I won on eBay for $1.04 i Wilmington DE , hunting reptiles and such , camp one night , and have some fun on the trails.

Cheers!

Edited by moosens

• 2 weeks later...