Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I recently noticed this, 82's and ER27's

Ohkay, I'm kind of in awe of this, and not sure if anyone else has realized it. But seems to me that 82 Brats are the common candidate for ER27 swaps. I mean there's mine and SubaruBrat's that happened at almost the same time, and then there is Tom that is working on putting one into his 82. Is there some sort of conspiracy at work here?

On a side note, hey Tom, how's your swap coming along, haven't seen any updates in a while.

Also Brat, you got anymore body shop photo's?? Can't wait to see the final product.

Maybe it's because the '82 is a unique vehicle itself. Basically, different than the rest of the BRATs, while still being of the same group. So we just make it more unique, by swapping in a different drivetrain set-up.

Haven't actually started on the swap yet. Was/am still amassing needed things for it. Plus, I had to get the '84 more reliable, as it will be my daily driver for the duration of the swap. Part suppliers held me up there. "It'll ship out today", so I waits and I waits, but no parts. Then get email saying that they just shipped the order, a week and a half later.

Now, it's time to do a quick purge of the garage so I have a bit more room to work in. Then it's on to the "82 and it's

transplant(s). Main goal right now, is to get engine/tranny in and drivable. Then, I'll be doing some R&D on some suspension ideas I've been contemplating also. This will be for the planned T-case mod and it's needed lifting of the BRAT. Let y'all know what I find there. Maybe nothing. Maybe something good.