Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 / Brat ???s

1983 DL Brat. Would like details, successes, failures, or mockery for the following ideas:

Interested in swapping in:

floater turn signal for lane changes (w/ tilt column?)

power mirrors

intermittent wipers

biggest EA81 rear sway bar available

Who's (tried to) swap in power locks and/or windows in an EA81 car?

I had to booty-fab a HW store bracket to hold some other import's radiator overflow tank.. I didn't see any OF tanks in the other EA81s at the JY... (how many more acronyms can i work in?) I'd prefer something that looks a little more stock, is there such a beast?

How much weight can the top of the rear canopy top support? It has a rack already (fastened to the corners, not a wagon rack FYI)

thanks!

Hhhhhmm - buy a GL. Too much work to bother swapping in all

that stuff. Mostly your looking at a ton of wireing.... with the exception of the GL tilt column..... which I'm not sure would fit.

DL Brats are rare - keep it stock.

No rear sway's on EA81's..... ever.

No overflow tanks on EA81's.... ever.

Oh yeah - No power locks on EA81's.... ever.

GD

I took all the power window stuff out of a 2dr EA81 Coupe at a junkyard and sent it to Mick. I had the idea of swapping over power windows in my old brat. All you should need is the door hardware. You dont need the glass, but you will need to salvage the door panels. The passenger side door doesnt have a switch, you have to use the switchboard in the center console. And since there are only 2 doors, there is only use for 2 switches. But the board comes with for (and a 5th that locks them all). The relays for it all are located under the drivers side seat.

Ive never seen a EA81 with power locks though, so i couldnt help you there.

-Brian