Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wanted Red Digital dash conversion write up for the EA82 loyal analog dash/cluster.

guyph_01

Hi Guys,

Has anyone here done this? I had a search and couldn't find much. Would anyone know of someone build thread were it has been done or would any one have any tips?

I understand that to achieve this, I need the dash harness ( the medium harness from digi to body harness) and also the fuel gauge sending unit as the digi cars use a different sender in the gas tank.

And i was able to get those:) Yes its a good working one:)

Also a wiring diagram would help a lot to figure out what wire is what:)

Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

Thx

the digidash cars used all different connectors and setup. You can't just swap harnesses, unless you swap the ENTIRE forward harness for the car. Or like most who take them out (the more common swap) adn install analogs is to just cut and solder the needed wires at the dash connector. No easy way to do it though.

IMO, the digidashes are worthless.

Temp gauges stop working, they flash in and out of brightness, and the red ones in particular are IMPOSSIBLE to read with a little sun glare. Also, there are issues getting the digi tach to read rpms with an EJ swap.

Save you time, and do something else cool to your subaru instead.

Some people have swapped analog dashes in place of their original digital dashes, but you'd probably be the first to go the other way. The procedure would be the same, with swapping the appropriate sensors. You can make an intermediate wiring harness to adapt the dash harness to the "wrong" dash.. But I've had several digital dashes over the years and they all suck compared to the analog dashes. Their concept is cool but it's not well-executed.

Another issue I think you'll find is that the speedo cable will be on the wrong side of the back of the instrument cluster as it is for a LHD vehicle, not a RHD as yours is.

I've looked into the RX 6 gauge analogue clusters from the US but the tach and speedos are the opposite way around to what is in the LHD vehicles.

Personally you can't go past a good ol' analogue dash IMO.

Cheers

Bennie