My 1985 Brat

6 Star

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spy a fuji rabbit under the front bumper :D

:D

Just one of many little critters that frolic around my yard lol.

I've scored FWD front strut/shock assemblies as well as the FWD rear struts.

Should have this thing sitting a little lower sooner than later. :brow:

Thanks to Skylar, I got some 14" pugs. :)

The tire size is quite different (195 vs 165) compared to the oem wheels, so they rub a bit on the front fenders when in reverse and turning at the same time.

Ride height is taller, acceleration is reduced, etc... all to be expected.

Eventually these wheels will make their home on the red wagon I'm building.

Just wanted to test them out. :headbang:

During instalation; pugs on the drivers side, wagon wheels passenger.

557076_503520122998547_309359054_n.jpg

All finished

424988_503520166331876_651220004_n.jpg

p.s. Been busy at work, just trying to enjoy the days off when I get them. Makin money ;) so I'll get this thing low and looking like a track car in no time. :grin:

Did you have and suspension adjustments on at the time? and were they 14s with 195?

Did you have and suspension adjustments on at the time? and were they 14s with 195?

Yup, 14's with 195 75 r14 tires.

Stock 4WD suspension, didn't need to adjust it any however they would rub a little under hard turns on the front and while reversing and turning.

How much of an effect would it have though?

not sure but i've seen enough people do it it can't hurt it that much or they would not do it because they would have to replace the suspension, also why would they make the suspension adjustable if it would damage it? the only reason they have it at the stock height is for better mpg, stock linement, and maybe safety standers. when you tighten the suspension out go in and get your brat or whatever aligned so you dont wear parts down from not being aligned properly

not sure but i've seen enough people do it it can't hurt it that much or they would not do it because they would have to replace the suspension, also why would they make the suspension adjustable if it would damage it? the only reason they have it at the stock height is for better mpg, stock linement, and maybe safety standers. when you tighten the suspension out go in and get your brat or whatever aligned so you dont wear parts down from not being aligned properly

Are you talking wheel alignment?

• 1 year later...

All the dead pictures in the old posts have been revived. :)

This Brat doesn't see the road very much these days, I try to keep all the miles on the daily.

Over the summer on one of the few outings in the Brat there was a mishap.
I was backed into by a box-truck. :(

The impact bent my hood up, pushed the core support in, and broke the radiator. Also the driver's side running light was smashed along with the lowbeam headlight on that side.
I extorted cash from the poor soul who awakened the fury within me, then went home and fixed the damage in one evening with all the spare parts I have. :D

The core support was bent back out with some 2x4s, the hood was replaced, I purchased a new set of Sylvanias, and installed a spare running light.
You wouldn't be able to tell anything happened if it were not for the hood being off a silver ea81.

Here is a pic of the Sylvanias, nice and bright.

1609787_787862657897624_1975181685_n.jpg

Edited by 6 Star