Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Needed: underhood diagram for ej22

Might anyone be able to send me an imagine of the underhood vacuum/hose diagram for the ej22? I am having some issues reconciling the hosing for my ej22 as I had an ej25 in there until recently. I'm getting some codes and am trying to make sure I have all the hoses correct before replacing parts.

Thanks!

it would help to know what year car and and what year ej22. the evap system / charcoal canister moved in 98, i think.

the routing pic on the hood for the 2.5L should work, nothing on the car has changed. you just have to make sure you connect to all the right places on the manifold. they are very similar.

what codes are you getting.?

99 ej22? That would be a phase2.

What year car is it?

The vac routing is pretty simple on the 98/99 2.5 setup.

A hose goes from the top of the TB to a solenoid that's mounted under the pass side of the intake. From there it goes to the small bottom hose under the fuel supply and return. Then goes into the firewall on it's great journey back to the canister.

So if the solenoid works, and you don't have any leaks in the simple under-hood section... Time to start ripping apart the nasty evap system going back.

Isn't 441 the code a 99 2.5 will throw when the fuel filler rusts out?

Not sure if this is what you are asking, but the '99 probably had the 'super enhanced' evap with the canister under the rear of the vehicle (rather than the old underhood type).

I've heard that. The intake that came with this ej22 doesn't have charcoal canister ports so I've been looking for an intake that does (and also EGR). In the meantime I am trying to determine if the pressure sensor is busted. Both codes seem to be related to it.

I think the code raised by a rusted fuel filler pipe is P0440. The "incorrect flow" suggests the purge solenoid is not doing what it's supposed to. Are you sure it's working?

And yes... it would help to know which year is the car, and confirming the engine is a '99 EJ22

I think the code raised by a rusted fuel filler pipe is P0440. The "incorrect flow" suggests the purge solenoid is not doing what it's supposed to. Are you sure it's working?

And yes... it would help to know which year is the car, and confirming the engine is a '99 EJ22

The purge solenoid is probably not working.

The car was originally a 97 OBW AT ej25, but I swapped in an ej22 last month.