Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Looked at a used Subaru today

Funny story...I knocked my wireless mouse in a bucket of water (a little water for a water change in my fishtank) so my girlfriend was taking me to Staples to get a new mouse and I wanted to stop and look at a 1998 Legacy GT but then I saw a 1995 Legacy L with only 89,000 miles...so I went in and talked to the guy and when we were leaving some drunk mechanic backed into my girlfriends car (1986 Oldsmobile)...he addmitted to have been drinking and etc...

ANYWAYS

Its a 1995 Legacy L...5 speed...89,000 miles...AWD...A/C...other basic stuff the L comes with...$4400.

I talked with my aunt and she said she'd cosign a loan for me from out credit union (i'm 18 and have very little credit) so yeah...I hope that the car dose not sell. There was an ad in the paper for it a few weeks ago and it still hasn't sold...so I hope its there for another week or so.

The dealer said that he changed both the gas sensors since the gauge didn't work...and it has a brand new battery. Original timing belt, clutch, and seals...but it has a new muffler on it (dosnt look nice like the one on my current 1995 L.)

Anyways...just a rant here...I hope I get the car...i'm gonna go to the credit union tomorrow to get the loan papers (I could have it paid off in a few months if I wanted to) but i'll drag it out over a year so I have some other money... :D

Originally posted by mattocs

Slippery Rock, PA...its about 45 miles north of Pittsburgh. (Western PA)

Cool. I live in reading and my step sister goes to Slippery Rock. Unfortunately she decided to buy a Hyudia to take to school instead of the nice 4wd Loyale wagon she had.

Keith

I called the car was sold today or yesterday...

BUT

I found a 1998 Legacy L with 69,000 miles on it for $6400.

Pictures look good...i'm gonna go look at it on Saturday...and when my aunt gets back from some conferance on Monday i'm gonna get financing for a car so as soon as I find one I like I can get it...none of this having other people buy a car that was meant for ME :mad: