Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Factory Foglights???How about rear gate lock.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Flow

Flow

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • Roy

Posted 30 March 2004 - 02:20 PM

Ok, so I got the dash torn apart on my '86 GL wagon, replacing the headlight switch. While I'm poking around in there I notice an unused harness right behind the switch knockout on the left side of the steering coulumn on the dash. I've seen a rear gate switch in that spot but I can't find the harness in the rear hatch for the lock mechanism. Is this the setup for factory fog/driving lights? What do the forward harnesses for the lights look like? Typical round white connectors?

#2 Flow

Flow

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • Roy

Posted 08 April 2004 - 07:36 PM

Turns out the harness is for the rear gate lock. I bought the switch, rear gate wiring harness and lock motor for 10$ at the J/Y. Got it all fished thru and in today with only minor damage to my headliner:banghead: . Works great and the "R. Gate" light on the dash even works. I even took the time to fix my unsprung cargo cover too. My GL is looking more like a GL-10 every day.

#3 Qman

Qman

Happiness is... no lag!!

• 11,119 posts
  • Sumner

Posted 08 April 2004 - 07:49 PM

Good job, I missed this post before. My bro-in-law found that harness one day a while back. Makes a nice upgrade, just flip the button and you don't have to turn off the car.

#4 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 09 April 2004 - 12:40 AM

Cool deal. Must be an 85-86 thing. I just got doen putting my dash back together and I didn't have any extra wiring that wasn't in use. I haven't ever seen a rear gate switch on an 87+ GL-10(have had 4 of them now:) )
Would be a nice feature to have.. of course , then again, if I unlock my drivers door, it unlocks everything, so ignore everything I just said :lol:

Very cool for you though

#5 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,110 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 09 April 2004 - 12:55 AM

From my vast collection of EA82 wagons I have found this...

86's had the switch on power lock equipped models

87-88 and my 92 loyale all worked off the drivers door.

The odd thing is... (kinda unrelated)

The door lock light on the dash would only light up on the 86 when the passenger door was unlocked. It would light up when ANY door was unlocked on my loyale. Not sure on the other ones, I never bothered to check.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users