Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyale wheel bearings. will Legacy fit?

Hi all,

My 91 Loyale is eating front wheel bearings at about twice the rate I would expect. They last maybe three years before they start to make noise. I think I am on the third set in 250,000km which maybe isn't so bad, but this last one is gone after only 20,000km. After reading a bit about the problems with Forester bearings, and how people are replacing them with roller bearings from Outback models, I was wondering if there are roller bearings that will fit in the Loyale and maybe have a more durable life.

Alignment and such on the car seems fine, although poking around I noticed that the inboard seal on the bearing was slightly damaged, so maybe water got in there and ended its life prematurely.

Thanks.

i accidently put my inner seals on backwards, and i toasted both sides bearings in less than a year, i can't help you with the legacy swap possibility, but i would reccomend the 207 ss bearings, there sealed and are less prone to getting water and dirt in them.