Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

dumb ? of the day

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 speedbump

speedbump

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • North Vancouver,Canada

Posted 01 April 2004 - 11:01 AM

just to make sure that subaru is the same as other cars,I should check ATF with car at warm idle,running,right?:-\

#2 All_talk

All_talk

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,093 posts
  • Thorp (Ellensburg)

Posted 01 April 2004 - 11:35 AM

Check the manual, not all cars are the same, yes most do say running and warm, but some are in park some are in gear. Some have it writen on the dip stick.

For the Subie, I think its running, warm, and in park.

Gary

#3 Hondasucks

Hondasucks

Subaru Technician

• Members
  • 4,760 posts
  • Vancouver, WA

Posted 01 April 2004 - 03:45 PM

make sure you shift it through all the gears, pausing in each one, and then back to park.

#4 Adam N.D.J.

Adam N.D.J.

Quite Rusty, but working.

• Members
  • 3,275 posts
  • Medford, Oregon

Posted 01 April 2004 - 08:46 PM

Yeah, soobs are warm, in park, it's best to take a short drive around the block too, to make sure the tranny shifts through the gear automatically, as well as shifting it manually, then check it.
Also, don't forget to check the front diff fluid, I can't count the number of times that I've gottan and auto soob that didn't have any fluid left in the front diff.

#5 subusolo2nut

subusolo2nut

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Eagle Point

Posted 01 April 2004 - 09:51 PM

Just remember--If you don't know--it's not a stupid question & "there are no stupid questions--only stupid answers" Have a great one! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users