Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Need some insight- How would I modify the 4'' rear kit to a 6''?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 biggreen96

biggreen96

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • moscow

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

So last week I drove 300 miles for the weekend to help put a 4'' Allied Armament kit on a friends ea82 wagon, but the tires had not got shipped to him yet.. now that they have arrived they rub in the back (27'' grabbers!) I wish I was in Seattle still to give him a hand...

What is different between a 4'' and 6'' in the back end of a ea82?
Has anybody had this issue and trimmed to make it not rub?

Dont mind the damage, thats been bashed away but I guess it's rubbing both sides on the body here.
Posted Image

#2 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,994 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

Apply hammer

I fit 215/75r15s (calculate to about 27.5) on my '88 with a 4" AA lift with just some pounding:
Posted Image

This car had 235/75r15s (about 29") on only a 3" lift. More cutting was needed for that.
Posted Image

#3 biggreen96

biggreen96

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • moscow

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Thanks for those pics chux!

#4 Scott in Bellingham

Scott in Bellingham

Lets go wheelin!!

• Members
  • 3,627 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

that rear tube is left up in stock position on my 4" lift on the 6" I drop thst tube 4"

#5 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

yah I was gonna say, the rear cross tube needs to be lowered some, You could probably cheese some 2 inch blocks together and install them an the tires will fit just fine.

That is the biggest pet peeve about my AA 4 inch lift, is they didnt drop everything in the rear. Granted its nice to have the crosstube tucked up like it was stock, but in reality the amount of room you lose at the front edge of the rear tire ends up being a bunch if its not dropped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users