Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Toyota tercel 1.5 liter - got one handed over w/84k kind of spry!!

Anybody else have one? I'm amazed how zippy this little car is.

I'll post pics soon. Has rot in corners but still a good commuter for here with no body inspections !!! Thinking about using this car. I can see it's great on gas!!

Two door. 5 spd. Same tire size as my '78!

It's an 88.

• Like 1

Never had an 88, I had the both the body style before (a 4x4 wagon), and after (1992 sedan). My wagon I liked because I made good money off from it, and it was fun to drive around in bad weather. The 92 I had, I hated as it was neglected before I owned it, and had many engine issues that I had to sort out :Flame:

Both were pretty fun little cars, and got great milage. It should treat you well as along as it has been taken care of!

The girlfriend has a '96 as a spare commuter car, still a 1.5L. It has 254k and averages 40mpg. I'm amazed at the build quality. Apparently this particular car took three girls through high school and a son through college yet has hardly any squeaks/rattles and nothing is broken.

It's kind of sad how slow non-turbo Subaru's are compared to these little turds, but 100ft lbs of torque and 2000lbs isn't too shabby.