Ultimate Subaru Message Board

83 DL Dome Light drama.

Went through a list of issues with my Silver Bullet today, the last one has me stumped and had half the dash taken apart at one point.

Basically, my dome light did not work.

I was getting good power to the socket, and had a good bulb, but I was only getting good power to a chassis ground, not to the ground wire. I've looked in the schematic and it was less than helpful I went on a wire chasing spree and lost the wire when it went into the display console. 

In the end I cheated and ran the ground wire straight to the chassis above the headliner. The light does not come on when the doors open, but it can turn on when I need it, and it does not pull an amp load when turned off, I checked. 

Does anyone know where I should look next to get this thing working properly?  

Thanks, 

Erik

Well in the U.S.the Govnt. Knows that We Need The Door Chimes Because??.Help me out here guys....

To test one's mental state while working on solving electrical issues where one needs the key "ON" and the door open. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...........

I have A good one for ya :lol: How bout the Mid"80"s Chry.New Yorker or Nissan Maxima W/ The Womans Soft Voice that told you-The Door Is Open,The Key is in the Ignition, And As If The Gauge w/THE Light Wasn"t enough She would Tell You- You are low on Fuel...Really!! <_<

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have A good one for ya :lol: How bout the Mid"80"s Chry.New Yorker or Nissan Maxima W/ The Womans Soft Voice that told you-The Door Is Open,The Key is in the Ignition, And As If The Gauge w/THE Light Wasn"t enough She would Tell You- You are low on Fuel...Really!! <_<

HAH, my friends mom had a maxima with bitchin betty inside of it.  Even at our young ages back then we knew this was NOT the future of automotive technology :)

• Like 1

To RDWEN, And I bet the gas mileage went up too EH? :rolleyes:   And to the chime my Friend-He"s 82 an 1/2Deaf has a 98 OB and asked me if I could shut up the chime because it annoyed him-He drove my OB for 5days and asked why my chime didn"t work {I Fixed IT 5min.after I bought it :grin: } so 5min. later his was FIXED too!!!! he was all :clap:!! I just got a 90"TOY PU {12-12My Xmas Present 2 Me} With the UNdying Buzzer 2Min.Later FIXED  :headbang:  :drunk:

Edited by 88wacaroo