Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lifted legacy buggy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 91leglift

91leglift

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • portland

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

I havent been on here for ever but im still playing with my subie. She is looking a lot different now then before.Ive removed the rear of the wagon and most of the roof. 

Its getting:

Full cage

Custom bumpers

Lights

Roof rack basket

Winch

Lifted

30" Tires

Frankenmotor

Snorkel

Custom exhaust 

Built in air compresser

Second battery

Higher amp alt

Here is a few pics of the progress. Ive done a bit more to it since the last pic like cleaned up the roof line better and trimmed some more off the back

Attached File  Subaru no rack.jpg   76.3K   151 downloadsAttached File  Subaru gutted.jpg   129.71K   227 downloadsAttached File  Subaru side.JPG   117.5K   202 downloads

#2 Scott in Bellingham

Scott in Bellingham

Lets go wheelin!!

• Members
  • 3,619 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

fun stuff, looking forward to see how this goes,Ive always said Subarus come with extra parts,the sawzall and cutoff wheel are my favorite tools, I like modifying cars, will this be open or have a closed body?, like will you loose more weight with the doors?

Edited by Scott in Bellingham, 21 March 2013 - 10:33 AM.

#3 91leglift

91leglift

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • portland

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

It will be open for the most part. Im going to have a button on rag top made for the roof for when the weather is bad and the doors will come on and off with the weather as well.

#4 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,405 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

While your at it cut out the lower radiator support and replace it with a piece of steel box tubing.If you do it right you can make that part stronger while also improving ground clearance.Tow hooks/loops will probably have to be relocated to a strong bumper to get the most gain.

#5 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

I've been tempted to get into a project like that with one of my loyales.  I like the idea of having the open back, almost like a Brat but with a vinyl snap on cover to keep the mud out.  

#6 Scott in Bellingham

Scott in Bellingham

Lets go wheelin!!

• Members
  • 3,619 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

any updates on this lets get this going?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users