Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Obvious post of the day (fuel Pressure)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NoahDL88

NoahDL88

Elite Master of Cookies

• Members
  • 4,264 posts
  • Everett, WA, USA

Posted 23 April 2004 - 04:56 PM

so i've been trying to get my car to run since january, first it was waiting for parts and then it was getting the right parts and then i've just been trying to figure out what the heck went wrong. it turns out that subarus like more than .5 psi with a weber, the fuel flow is also critical, you need some. so now that i have the fuel pressure that i need she seems to be much more lively, i cant' wait to get her broken in and then figure out the last few kinks that are keeping her from being a real barn stormer.

#2 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,139 posts
  • WA

Posted 24 April 2004 - 03:20 AM

I think Qman had some info on this, maybe if we can keep the thread on the top he will see it and respond. Or you could just email him :cool:

#3 TomRhere

TomRhere

Certified BRAT nut!!!

• Members
  • 4,032 posts
  • Hillsdale, Mi. USA

Posted 24 April 2004 - 05:57 AM

I had one heck of a time getting the '82 to run after the Weber swap. Turned out that I needed a Fuel Pressure Regulator. Some others needed one, some didn't. Took me awhile to get the right setting on it, but I finally got it where the Weber was happy. Don't think the fuel pump is a stock unit, it be way noisy, 'specially when I put the loud pedal down. Rattles something fierce.

As soon as I get some new intake gaskets, the Weber and the EA-82 manifold will be going onto the '84. Hoping I don't have the same problems again.

#4 NoahDL88

NoahDL88

Elite Master of Cookies

• Members
  • 4,264 posts
  • Everett, WA, USA

Posted 24 April 2004 - 09:14 AM

I was using the disty signal on the ea-82 so i never had too much flow at idle or anything so i didn't need a regulator, but with the ea81 i had it hard wired and so it put out max flow even at idle, i think my first regulator was not putting out the flow i needed, so i'm gonna see if a little more break in and carb tuning will make her feel better, then i'm gonna need to upgrade the exhaust, the stock pipes arn't cutting it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users