Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

shifter linkage

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 espey_16

espey_16

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • Tenino Wa

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

Hey guys, what did you do with your d/r linkage when you lifted your ea82s? I'm working on my buddys 4" lifted car and I'm making a z shaped piece of flat bar to drop the whole shift plate down, but the d/r lever still hits the body and won't go into 2wd.

#2 czny

czny

USMB is life!

• Silver Subscribers
  • 343 posts
  • Azusa, California

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

Hey guys, what did you do with your d/r linkage when you lifted your ea82s? I'm working on my buddys 4" lifted car and I'm making a z shaped piece of flat bar to drop the whole shift plate down, but the d/r lever still hits the body and won't go into 2wd.

I did the same with the little mount - a z-shaped piece.

The 2wd/4hi/4lo rod I cut, put back together with both trans & lever in 2wd, marked the amount that had to be cut off & then sleeved with tubing & welded together. Pay close attention to the alignment of the clevis ends of the rod - affects the fork alignment inside the trans.

#3 bratman18

bratman18

ADIDASubarus

• Members
  • 3,508 posts
  • Jefferson, Maine

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

My 4" lifted loyale with dual range is using all stock shift linkage. Nothing hits, shifts perfect. I was anticipating having to modify but was pleasantly surprised when I didn't.

#4 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,396 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

My 4" lifted loyale with dual range is using all stock shift linkage. Nothing hits, shifts perfect. I was anticipating having to modify but was pleasantly surprised when I didn't.

The rear support bushing will rip if left bolted to the body.

Can't drop the whole plate unless you reshape the D/R lever.

Only real fix is to simply extend the shifter rod linkage, and the stay rod too.

Edited by Gloyale, 28 September 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#5 bratman18

bratman18

ADIDASubarus

• Members
  • 3,508 posts
  • Jefferson, Maine

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:14 PM

The rear support bushing will rip if left bolted to the body.

Can't drop the whole plate unless you reshape the D/R lever.

Only real fix is to simply extend the shifter rod linkage, and the stay rod too.

Yeah I know the bushing will rip eventually. And no, I didn't do anything to any linkage. Everything shifts perfect, never hits on anything, and no issues at all. Not sure what kit is being used by the OP, but the one I am using dropped the engine crossmember 4", and the tranny crossmember about 2 1/2". So maybe that's why?

#6 espey_16

espey_16

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • Tenino Wa

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:21 AM

Thanks for the replys y'all. I ended up cutting and extending the shifter to get it to work.

Edited by espey_16, 29 September 2013 - 11:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users