Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sunroof tool photo?

legacy sunroof sun roof moon roof

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 upnorthguy

upnorthguy

New User

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • Northern Virginia

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

I'm wondering if anyone with a Legacy in the '95-'99 range that has a sunroof (power moon roof) could post a pic of the emergency tool used to manually open/close the sunroof.  

The '95 I recently purchased does not have the tool and I'm trying to figure out what I am looking for or what I can use as a substitute (is a hex head?).

Thanks!

#2 gbhrps

gbhrps

User Awaiting Email Confirmation

• Members
  • 849 posts
  • canada

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

upnorthguy,

Its been years and 3 OBW's since I had a Subie that old, and I can't recall what the tool looked like, but

pull down the center rear ceiling plug. There are several plastic plugs in the ceiling. You want the one back behind where the sunroof would park when it is fully open. It is dead center of the headliner side to side. Shine a light up into the opening, and you'll be able to see what you need. Good Luck!

#3 86BRATMAN

86BRATMAN

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 3,447 posts
  • Tazewell Virginia

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

If you have any local junkyards that have gen1 Legacy's, go looking in their center console. They all, at least on the United States, have automatic seat belts, and use the same hex type tool as 95-99 sunroofs.

#4 heartless

heartless

Do YOU Subaru?

• Members
  • 2,934 posts
  • North Central Wisconsin

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

any allen wrench of the right size will work - that is basically all the "tool" is.

#5 upnorthguy

upnorthguy

New User

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • Northern Virginia

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

Thanks for the info everyone.  This is on my (ever growing) list of salvage yard items I'll be looking for.

If I don't find one I can always get a t-handle allen wrench and that should work.

#6 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,664 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

It is a big allen key. I can't remember the size, but if i were guessing, i would say 8 or 10 mm. probably 8mm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users