Changed the Oil Pan return tube o-ring seal and the Valve Guide Seals.
Some said it could not be done and I would not opt to do it again, but I was able to change the valve guide seals without pulling the heads.
Installed the Timing belt so I could rotate the cams until there was no tension on the valves.
Removed both sets of Rocker Arms
Removed the Plugs
Put the piston at BDC and put rope down the plug hole to fill they cylinder
Rotated the crank to bring the piston up to compress the rope and hold the valve up
Used a valve spring removal tool, the one that catches the keepers to remove the valve springs
Used a Plug Wire Pliers to remove the old valve guide seals
Installed and seated new valve guide seals
Now the hard part, compressing the springs and getting the keepers in:
I used a tool sold for this purpose, but it was too large for the Subaru Valves. I turned down the pin on the lathe.
It worked about 50% of the time. When it didn't work, one Keeper was in the other was out.
The last time I did valve with the heads off, I had made a valve spring compressor out of PVC Pipe.
A 1 1/2 Tee with a 3/4" piece of PVC about 8" long works well. You can cut a 1/2" notch out of the end that will allow you to insert the keeper while you compress the spring.
Motor in on my next free day, I hope this has solved the oil consumption issue.