Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Yard Run!! Reno Then Carson City!! (5/15/04)

Gotta make a yard run. Me and Kostamojen are in search of Gen1 Parts. So far, the plan is pretty simple. Meet at the Pick N Pull in Sparks, NV. We hope to be there by Noon Saturday afternoon. After spending a couple hours, if we cant find what we need there we'll head off to Carson City to the Pick N Pull there.

Who's in??

-Brian

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Brian.....this is Sparkster in seattle...

wish i could join ya....but iam up in the rain here....anyway i see you have a

TWB FAB roof basket..i sent a IM to them requesting pics of the roof basket to see what it looked like ,then i saw your post today....thats a great looking basket ...looks like i'll pick one up ....great photo's

have a great time in Nevada.

Sparky:headbang:

Count me in if I can get the day off. I could save you the trouble and check the sparks yard for ya. What are you looking for?
Lots of stuff :P Its hard to say really, there are some specific things then there are some not so specific things...

Hey peeps! I snagged a half set of PUG's there today! I dropped by to see if anything new came in and I was just about to leave when I walked behind this car and I noticed it was a 505 Turbo. I thought to myself, naww, couldn't be a peugeot... then I looked and it was! I checked the rims and they were all there! All of them! I grabbed the two off the back, but couldn't get the ones off the front because the thing kept spinnin. I even got the original lugs and two center caps on the back! I am amazed, and might get back there tomorrow to get the other two.

With that being said Jeremy, i might just skip the Sparks yard all together. I dont have time to deal with a huge crowd, long lines, and anoying people all day :) I have to make it back to Sac by 6pm.

The best way to keep the wheels from spinning is to shove something into the spokes on the rims, rotate it until it catches, then break the lugs loose :)

-Brian

Yeah, lots-o-good stuff at Sparks for sure, but that dinky parking lot is murder and I think Greg St. is "no parking" at the curb (read,"long hike":mad: ). I wouldn't mind having a look there, but if you guys want to skip Sparks I'm satisfied with just Carson.

Might want to get there B&E though.

We could make a ""Mini-pre-WCSS-NV-Meet" out of this, if we decide on lunch someplace nearby...suggestions?

Just my 2 bucks, I'm still unsure I'll be able to attend:rolleyes: .

Im going to be really pressed for time. Its a 2hr drive just to Reno, in the legacy i can prolly cut it to 90minutes. After that, its another 40minutes to Carson. I'm going to need to pull 3 CV's, 2 front and 1 rear. Along with some other parts and help steve. I doubt i'll be in Reno any earlier than 11am, we're planning on noon right now. That puts us in Carson at 3:45, way over the scheduled time. Lunch is do-able but I've got a set amount of priority's that have to be taken care of. I doubt Sparks will have all the parts we need... and I know Carson has always been good to me (Sparks is iffy at sometimes).

More info as it comes in. At this time, lets all plan to meet at Sparks PnP at 12noon. If anyone can do a prelim run to get a basic inventory that would help out greatly. Steve will need Gen1 parts, I'll need EA81 Axles.

-Brian

Brian, if you decide to skip Sparks and go to just Carson, it'll be much quicker to take 50 thru South Tahoe..straight shot to Carson from Sacto. I can show you a shortcut around the major choke points in South Shore, if interested.

Be careful with the loud pedal, the NHP and CHP have been in "Crackdown Mode", especially on 80.

im off work on friday (5/14) and i can goto PnP and see what they have the day before, to see if it is even worth it for you to come to sparks or not, let me know if you want me to go there on friday or not. if nto i'd still like to meet up in carson with everyone, besides the fact that ive never been to the Carson PnP.

BTW about the NHP CHP thing, i was watching the news and 5/14-5/16 Is Zero Tolorance With both Nevada and Cali Highway Patrol, so watch your rump roast.

Saw that on the news here too. This weekend is crackdown on 50 all through to tahoe. I preffer 80, i cannot stand 50. Its not the Tahoe roads (EXTREMELY beautiful, and love the windy pass through kyburz), but its the tourists i hate.

I have to be extremly careful now more than ever. I have an outstanding speeding ticket, and cannot afford to get another. THat will be taken care of by this weekend though.

I dont want to skip Sparks. I know they'll be rolling out some fresh meat for 1/2 price weekend, but I also know that Carson is HUGE! and we'll probably have close to 20 or 30 Subarus to sort through.

What time does PnP open? Anyone know?

-Brian

Brian,

If you happen to think about it, I would appreciate it if you would.......

Keep your eyes pealed for an 82 with a carter-weber carb. I have checked every yard in Utah and no #429547014 fuel pump control units. I have the SubaruHummer running but I would really like the original FPCU box to make the choke work like it should.

Thanks,

Glenn

Subieman - I know the feeling. I was worried that I might not make it, but since I get out of school this week the nursery can't decide which days they want to give me off, so I am going to go in there today and say "You can set me for whatever days, but I am taking Saturday off no matter what" and I think they'll go for it.

You would think since I'm a charter employee there I would get some nice benefits. WRONG! Oh well, I'm still going to bug my boss until his ears bleed. hehe Plus we have an mandatory emergency store meeting today. I think something is going down. Hope its not me :(

guess who's got fri and sat off :D

you guys mind if I either follow or ride with one of you? My car is actually doing better than before! No more crazy grinding scratching sounds or anything. Haven't lost drive in a while either, but I need some more parts and i really don't feel like waiting for the dealer to order them. so yeah, lemme know what's up.

I am definitely down for this meeting, I now get Fridays and Saturdays off so I can for sure make this thing. I was thinking that we should all hook up this summer as well on the Truckee river, I know some sweet hangout spots that are way fun to barbecue and have a fun time at.