Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

windshield

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Marck

Marck

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Nipomo

Posted 10 May 2004 - 06:58 PM

How do you remove the lower right corner joint on the windshield (that black plastic thing that borders the windshield)? I need to remove it so that I can take care of a small patch of bad rust. I tried to pull it, but I am worried about breaking it. Is it just glued in? If I end up breaking it, is it expensive to replace? BTW, this is for my 87 coupe.

#2 soobme

soobme

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,871 posts
  • Medford OR

Posted 11 May 2004 - 04:01 AM

I don't know about re-placing it, but I do know that it's glued in with the pollyurithane that holds the windsheild in place. Mine came out real eazy, but every car is diferent.

#3 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 11 May 2004 - 05:52 AM

You can always cut it off with a serrated knife and reapply it with urethane glue - just surface apply it.

#4 Marck

Marck

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Nipomo

Posted 11 May 2004 - 12:18 PM

So if I remove it, will the windshield leak?

#5 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 11 May 2004 - 12:34 PM

What, I believe, you are talking about is the corner trim on your windshield. It "connects" the side and bottom trim pieces together. It is merely a "L" shaped piece of plastic with a little leg on the back side that clips around the shield and sits in the urethane. If you remove it and it didn't leak before, it shouldn't leak after. To ensure it doesn't, put more urethane in before you replace it. Glue it down well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users