Ultimate Subaru Message Board

need help with finishing engine swap

i have an 87 subaru gl with a 2.2 swap out od a 92 legacy i have it running but it has no power spits spudders back fires i have replaced the crank sensor cam sensor the ignighter maf sensor the coil back i have spent too much and i have gotten nowhere the subaru groups have not helped im about to sell the damn thing or trade it for something else please help me thank you

DON'T GIVE UP! Took me over a month to get mine running. Tons of head banging but you'll get it.

My maf was shot, and to test it I unplugged it and it ran better.

What all do you have done on it so far? Exhaust? Harness fully hooked up?

Where are you located?

Prwa

Edited by Prwa101

Unfortunately, when you start to muck around this much with a car, 99% of places don't want to know about it. It's just too hard cos its not in a manual how to fix.

I've had a conversion crank, but not start for 6 months (EA82T replacing carb EA82) simply cos I had 1 wire plugged in wrong.

The sense of achievement when you finally solve this kind of problem & can drive it is amazing. I was out on country roads for what felt like 30 mins enjoying it. Risky considering unregistered and initially not even the dump pipe fitted :P