Ultimate Subaru Message Board

duel exhaust setups

I have a cat back section that is still useable you can have.  Im not terribly far, I'm between Battle Ground and La Center which is only a county or so away.  probably needs some small repairs since it had a few leaks but its far from rusted out.  Cats old, but it was on a running car till a week ago when I swapped over my nicer setup.  

Dual exhaust is doable. Stay to 1 3/4" or smaller for each side and you'll be fine. The crossover pipe is a must however. I'd show you a pic of my dual exhaust setup on my BRAT but unfortunately those pics died with my old phone. It's easy to imagine however. Very straight forward. Directly off the head, 90* to aiming backwards,go back until right before the transmission crossmember. There's where the crossover pipe is. After that 1 glasspack per side then it 45*'s out to directly in front of the rear wheels.

Power gains were pretty impressive in the midrange and there was no noticeable loss on the bottom end. If you want to see the math that explains why I went with that particular setup, I have a thread in the performance section on basic flow calculations.

Twitch

My trike set up is on another thread. However motor due back tomorrow fully reconditioned so took this pic today of my custom set up. note the cross over pipe. Exhaust each side id 1 3/4 inches leading to 4x 1 3/4 inch pipes towards the end.  works well. A little loud for a trike so have got 4" long baffles in the ends and its ok.

IMG_0032-4.jpg

Tony

• Like 1

taking it in today. Still cant decide which way to go, duel or singe. I worry that duel will be to noisy and theres no real point to it other than saying you have duel exhaust. Seems like the power gain is about the same either way. ANY HELP! Someone try and convince me either way.

They wanted 300 to give it new pipe leaving the original crossover. Price included new muffler. Not a bad price. Would of been worth it, but I decided to just replace the muffler with a cherry bomb after realized I didn't need to cut the exhaust apart. I just needed to cut the top off the cat. There was only a couple chunks left in it. Definitely where the rattle was coming from.