Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ea81 Spfi wiring

In the process of finishing my wiring harness for my spfi swap on the hatch. The only problem I'm having is figuring out which wires go to which fuse or relay on the Mitsubishi relay box.

If anyone has some pictures that'd be great, my fuse box doesn't have 2 15 amp fuses or a fusible link like shown in GD's write up, but was it came from another FI swapped ea81 that worked.

I'll have pics here shortly once it's light out...

Thanks

It's a small metal line that I used for a fuel return. It was unused on my car. It runs to the back with the rest of the lines in that area. I used a brass adapter to make it work. I also replaced every fuel hose on the car front to back, especially the old nasty ones under the back with high pressure fuel injection grade hose.

Edited by Crazyeights

Gotcha, so that little line Is the fuel return? The one to left of booster. And the other is a fuel feed vacuum line I'm assuming for vapor canister?

What's the black plug where the red/black wire from the fuse box is going to?

I can see that the big white wire goes to the battery. And I believe the two small green wires connected to the black one left on the fuse box goes to the battery as well.

It looks like the red/black one goes to that black plug. The red/white one looks like it goes back into the cabin ? Im assuming for the ignition hot in start only wire. ?

Cant figure out where the black & red 14-16 gauge wires spliced into the one connector go ..

That looks right, that connector probably got chopped at a later point I would think. I pretty sure I was using a heated oxygen sensor. There is probably an extra pair of wires in those photos for that too. There is an oxygen sensor ground wire too as I recall connected in the spare tire area.

Edited by Crazyeights

I cant copy & paste the pictures from GD's spfi write up but I think the red 12 gauge wire tapped into the ignition plug shown on page 51 is the red/white wire from the fuse box shown going into the cabin in crazyeights pictures.

The red 12 gauge wire for the fusible link in the harness must go to the other?

Edited by Skylar

• 3 weeks later...

I got it to crank over!! I'm getting fuel, But I don't think I'm getting spark. Don't have someone here to check while I crank it over. Coil is grounded to block, but I don't have a ground on the actual bracket?

Do I run a ground from the bracket to the block as well?

Definitely no spark, pulled a plug and its wet with fuel. I also cranked it while the plug was in the wire touching something metal and still no spark.

I ran a wire from the coil bracket to the block but that didnt do anything either.

Pretty sure my starter signal wire is hooked up to the right ignition switch wire too.

I wanna hear the thing run im so close !!

What exactly are you looking for as far as pics go? I have a spfi swapped car if you need some photos of anything specific. I also have some of GD's original write up on my computer of just the wiring section, no pics, but I had to go back to that one page pretty often in order to get everything wired up correctly. The swap takes some time, but it is worth it when it's done, hang in there!  

Basically I need to know which wires from the harness go to the Mitsubishi fuse. I have them hooked up now. But I am not getting spark. I believe everything is grounded. The only wires I do not have hooked upped are the wires for the neutral switch for the transmission, the wire for the ecs light, and the speed sensor wire that goes to the clutch pedal switch. But none of those should factor in making it spark.

If you have any pictures of your coil setup, or if you're using the Mitsubishi AC fuse box as well abd have some of that that'd be awesome.