Ultimate Subaru Message Board

subaru of las vegas like the wagon

I'm surprised they even knew what it was haha, I've taken my lifted loyale many times to the subaru dealership for parts in Golden,CO and never had anyone ask about it or even realize it was a subaru, same here in Cheyenne. What did your daughter up getting?

I'm surprised they even knew what it was haha, I've taken my lifted loyale many times to the subaru dealership for parts in Golden,CO and never had anyone ask about it or even realize it was a subaru, same here in Cheyenne. What did your daughter up getting?

We are Enthusiasts! And have a 1969 360 Van, fully restored, on the front-lot, and another 360 awaiting restoration.

There are a number of old Subies that show up here from time to time, they always get attention. Thanks bertmann73 for stopping in, bringing the wagon by, and not minding us checking it out! The piston shift knob was a nice touch, too.

That's really cool to hear Vegas subaru, I really didn't think dealerships cared until I saw bertmans post. It's strange to me that the mountain/wintery subaru dealerships around here wouldn't be enthusiasts either, I don't think I've ever even heard of a dealership putting on a subaru show around these parts.

That's really cool to hear Vegas subaru, I really didn't think dealerships cared until I saw bertmans post. It's strange to me that the mountain/wintery subaru dealerships around here wouldn't be enthusiasts either, I don't think I've ever even heard of a dealership putting on a subaru show around these parts.

It happens, some dealerships are just dealerships. We had a road race team for a while, too. Raced/wrecked at Pikes Peak even.

• Like 2

That is cool, I have a great pic of my monster Brat parked next to the first Bajas to hit the east coast at Manassas Subaru, nice folks. Also, had to do a burn out in the service bay at another place after a rude service manager with crossed arms essentially told me I was a liar because you can't lift a Subaru (I just wanted an alternator for the XT6 engine I had in it which is what started the conversation about how that engine didn't come in that truck and that I didn't know what I was talking about). I have never seen such a shocked look as his when I pulled it into the bay about a min after him telling me "well I think you should" after I said let me just go get the truck. But I digress...

NIce to know Vegas has a good dealership as we are looking at moving there eventually, and spend allot of time there. Whenever I am driving out there I am constantly looking off to the side of the road and thinking "That would be fun in the Baja!", "And that!", "Oh, that too!"

she got an 04 wrx and is giving her 97 outback sport to my mother

That is cool, I have a great pic of my monster Brat parked next to the first Bajas to hit the east coast at Manassas Subaru, nice folks. Also, had to do a burn out in the service bay at another place after a rude service manager with crossed arms essentially told me I was a liar because you can't lift a Subaru (I just wanted an alternator for the XT6 engine I had in it which is what started the conversation about how that engine didn't come in that truck and that I didn't know what I was talking about). I have never seen such a shocked look as his when I pulled it into the bay about a min after him telling me "well I think you should" after I said let me just go get the truck. But I digress...

NIce to know Vegas has a good dealership as we are looking at moving there eventually, and spend allot of time there. Whenever I am driving out there I am constantly looking off to the side of the road and thinking "That would be fun in the Baja!", "And that!", "Oh, that too!"

thats what i do in a nutshell...we know the dunes out here like our own mugs....i would follow my kids on their quads in the brat...fit on all the trails the quads squeezed into.

they know me well as i have been there quite often in the brat and in the wagon..just happened that one of the guys from the rally team was there on that day...had to haggle a bit on the wrx as it had an oil leak that we wanted fixed...same old song and dance....... manager doubted my knowledge of these engines and tried to give me the old "used cars leak" speech. when i told the sales manager that i had 5 soobies and then my daughter cut loose and told him she dont care and she was not going to buy a leaking subaru from a subaru dealership he stopped haggling and just put the repairs in..we have a good dealership out here but as with all of them, they ultimately try to get what they can out of our pockets with minimum loss to them.....all said it was a good experience as we got what we wanted and they sold another car.

Subaru of Las Vegas is definitely the most in touch dealership I've worked/dealt with as far as community is concerned. They sponsor a lot of events locally in town and many of their employees are big fans of Subaru. I've seen the 360 shaggin wagon they've got, it's a pretty good restore! Their parts guy always laughs at me though if I have him check for any remaining brat parts for me, though :-/

yeah...been there done that...did you have any luck?

we got the wrx a few days later and she was still smoking. when we brought it back they took me to the garage and put her on the lift to see that it was just residual leftover from the repairs and the check engine light had come on. they ran the diagnostic and it was a sensor that must have gotten wet . they cleaned it up and cleared the code......all good and nice service from the shop.

• 2 weeks later...