Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

5-lug post by Tex...Where is it?!?!?!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,902 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 24 May 2004 - 08:58 AM

Well my buddy is thinkin about doin a 5-lug conversion on his 89 2wd sedan. So this morning I get on the board thinkin, "I can look up Subarutex's old post he made about the list of 5-lug parts for the conversion." So I do a search for it and nothin. I search again and still nothing. So I've been looking for it for about 30 minutes and STILL cannot find it. Where did it go???? It was very useful information that is becoming valuable to some people like me!!! So if someone knows where that post went to or if someone can give me the same info it had, PLEASE help me out. Thanks in advance
Russ

#2 Flow

Flow

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • Roy

Posted 24 May 2004 - 09:05 AM

5-Lug post by Tex

Enjoy.

#3 Dr. RX

Dr. RX

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 9,984 posts
  • Sammamish, WA

Posted 24 May 2004 - 01:36 PM

Gee, that's not the whole posting.

Since I taught Tex everything he knows about this type of a conversion, is there anything that I can help you with.

#4 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 24 May 2004 - 01:45 PM

Gee, that's not the whole posting.

Yeah.. I wanted to see the associated flame war ;)

#5 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,942 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 25 May 2004 - 07:33 PM

this should be in the archives/USRM!

#6 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,902 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 26 May 2004 - 09:35 AM

cool thats what I was looking for but now, its time to let the questions fly....
First off, since his car is a 2wd, can I get the rear stuff from a 2wd XT6 or did those come with 4 wheel discs?

If I have to use the 4wd stuff in the rear, couldn't I just break a couple rear cv's off of some rear axles and stuff those in there to keep it 2wd?

Also, this whole Impreza parts list, what year/make/model of Impreza would this be? Is it something common to a lot of wrecking yards?

Thanks again guys, I love this board:D

#7 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,581 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 26 May 2004 - 09:48 AM

cool thats what I was looking for but now, its time to let the questions fly....
First off, since his car is a 2wd, can I get the rear stuff from a 2wd XT6 or did those come with 4 wheel discs?

If I have to use the 4wd stuff in the rear, couldn't I just break a couple rear cv's off of some rear axles and stuff those in there to keep it 2wd?

Also, this whole Impreza parts list, what year/make/model of Impreza would this be? Is it something common to a lot of wrecking yards?

Thanks again guys, I love this board:D

you can install a whole 4wd rear end minus the diff and the axles. the rear axles have a doj on both ends, woth roll pins, and are removable from BOTH ends. and besides, you will be set up for a full 4wd conversion option.,

or you can swap just the disc/trailing arm combo. they bolt the same as any ea81 or ea82 brake system

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users