Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a couple of questions about adjustable coilovers for a 97 IMP OBS. The first question is can I run taller tires with adjustable  coilovers? Without the stock coil spring perch it seems possible. Im talking like 215/75/15. I want to run these tires in the winter and for the summer I want to run something like 215/55/17. The other question is can the vehicle be raised with adjustable coilovers? Again Im talking like an inch. Any advice on this? I have read through some of the Impreza lift topics on here and on dirty impreza. Im just looking for a different approach than the Legacy OB strut lift. The idea of being able to raise and lower the vehicle is nice.

they can generally take 2" of lift easily.

use the tire size calculator, the miata one you'll find with a google search for instance and compare that tire size to the 205/55/16 tires routinely run on WRX rims and other tire sizes you see people running on 95-2001 impreza's. 

Um its not coils, as in coil springs, that Im asking about. Its adjustable coilovers. Im not interested in doing the Legacy, or Forester strut lift. Just wondering if anyone here might know from experience if taller tires will clear the coil spring on coilovers due to no large spring perch.

Abbreviated coilovers as coils, sorry about confusion. But yes, if there's no fat spring perch, it will fit. You'll run into clearance issues from the chassis if you go to big before you have problems with coilovers

No problem, I kinda thought that was the case. Anyways thanks for the input. This is what I thought as well. Anyone have recommendations on brands on coilovers? I for sure want the height adjustable along with the adjustable dampening.