Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Live in Boulder. Apparently have a bent left rear crossmember on my 1988 lifted subaru GL. Anyone know of any good salvage yards etc. or live in the area with a spare left rear crossmember/cradle/subframe...(whatever you want to call it). I love my little car and its wearing the outside of that tire down like sandpaper. Thanks! Patty

I would give Shawn W a call at the shop seeing as he is in the same state and obviously knows his subaru's and has the parts and connections he would be able to supply a good one wheras a JY pick may need bushes or bearings for the hub etc.

Support the board by dealing with Shawn keep it in the family.

Edited by coxy

175 eya: WIll do. The guy at the frame shop refereed to it as the "cradle" but I have not been able to figure out what it actually is called. There is one on each side, it has a bushing up by the underside of the car where it attaches, and you have to take the axle off to get it off (then some bolts)...
No pictures I find on the internet seem to show it yet, and its dark so when it is light I will see if I can. 

Edited by Loyale2theGL

175eya,
I took a pic this morning, but now my computer crapped out (using a friends right now) so I cant post. No, it connects under the car near the middle at its end, which contains a bushing. The axle actually passes through it at the wheel, it connects to the back of the wheel. (not sure if you posted the pic you meant to, this looks like a picture of a spring/strut thing)

Edited by Loyale2theGL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...