Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Newbie fixing unknown problems...

I had checked all fuses I thought were related. But somehow not that one. It was popped. Put a new one in. Got door chime and radio working. Put some gas in the tb turned the key. It def sounded diff then before but the battery died after a few cranks. Tomorrow is a new day I suppose. Battery is on the charger. I will feel so dumb if it was just that. But quite honestly everything I've replaced needed attention and the wiring has to be cleaned up correctly to my standards

Edited by Shortaay

Let us know what happens.  I have harnesses I can compare and FSM I can look stuff up in.  It's be easier for you if you can find a full FSM as all of the harness details are in there.

Sometimes we get bit by these sort of weird things, and the silly fuse is the problem.  Frustrating as it can be, I figure at least it wasn't something worse / weirder.

I didn't get to go out and try before work this morning had to leave early I forgot to ask last night though does the coolant temp sensor and the oil pressure sensor on the front of the motor have anything to do with how it runs or is it strictly for gauges? Because both of those have about 2 inches of wire hanging off the front and nothing else in sight

These are both one wire sensors right on the front and there's a yellow wire going to nothing in the harness at the top of the motor I think I'm just going to have to start taking pictures of some of this stuff and trying to get all this wiring sorted out whether it runs now or not

Soooo. It runs. I need to crawl back under it and finish hooking up the fuel pump and get some gas in the tank and see how it actually runs but with some gas in the tb it fired off I think I have a bad connection on the front driver spark plug wire can't get it to click on all the way I'll Tinker with it some more tonight and see what we can come up with