Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Headlights flicker when wheel is turned

Recenly bought a  2006 OBW that has been lowered. When steering wheel is turned all the way to either side the lights flicker. Anyone experience that situation.Don't think there is a headlight circuit wire pinching when fully turned. Doesn't seem to happen whed front is on jack stands. My only thought is excessesve draw on alternator by power steering pump when wheels are fully turned.

What a mess. Im also looking for a solution to raise the car back up. Looks like the springs are adjustable.

maybe another mod was done like an under-drive pulley on the alt?

or slipping belt - though, I'd expect squealing....check voltage at the battery before and after hitting the lock. with and wirtout the lights on. If it's a pulley slipping, voltage might drop with or without the lights on. If it's an abraded wire/bad ground somehwere, voltage might jump around but only with the lights on.

inspect near the steering u-joint - maybe a wire harness is abraded?

maybe another mod was done like an under-drive pulley on the alt?

or slipping belt - though, I'd expect squealing....check voltage at the battery before and after hitting the lock. with and wirtout the lights on. If it's a pulley slipping, voltage might drop with or without the lights on. If it's an abraded wire/bad ground somehwere, voltage might jump around but only with the lights on.

inspect near the steering u-joint - maybe a wire harness is abraded?

Yes I recently swapped in a jdm 2.0 and the alt. belt does squeal a bit on start up. I will check for voltage drop. Thanks. Ive got several Imprezas with spun bearings that I'm doing engine swaps on, so I'm having some fun with cels and wiring.

Yes I recently swapped in a jdm 2.0 and the alt. belt does squeal a bit on start up. I will check for voltage drop. Thanks. Ive got several Imprezas with spun bearings that I'm doing engine swaps on, so I'm having some fun with cels and wiring.

Think I found problem. There was some questionable wiring from an aftermarket stereo that was causing the positive battery cable terminal not to be making good contact with the positive battery post. I think it was from a now missing amp. Disconnected the amp wire and the headlight problem went away.

This young guy had thousands in receipts for chasis lowering, stereo,tires ect. Then over revved and blew the motor on car with just 80k miles.Sometimes youth is wasted on the young.