Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey everyone I have a 1997 subaru impreza outback sport with 231,000 miles and recently the code p0740 came up and unfortunately my emissions is due in a couple weeks. I have done some research into it and from what I have read it is usually a failed solenoid b and I would have to drop the pan the pan to replace. I also got the transmission code for solenoid b so I am figuring that's the problem does anyone know the part number for solenoid b I called around and the dealers near me don't have any in stock and if they did they want to sell me the all solenoids in the pan. If anyone had any others thoughts they would be welcome.

Edited by HASx11

Just google it - I think I found the part number in about 11 seconds:

http://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru__/SOLENOID-ASSEMBLY-CONTROL/49242512/31939AA052.html

They're easy to replace. You just drop the pan and unbolt the solenoid, they're actually really easy to replace minus just crawling under the car and wire wheeling/cleaning the pan and resealing it.

parts wanted forum here for a used one, ebay, amazon, subaru....lots of options.

Edited by grossgary

I have reset it and it comes back almost immediately if I drive highway speed. It shifts good for the most part the only thing is it wont shift into fourth until about 5k rpms.Thanks grossgary for the part number and wtdash for the link.