Ultimate Subaru Message Board

wiring problems

i am still working on my 86 dl wagon got most of the parts for the front end,don't tow subarus without the drive lines ,it gets expensive, and the wiring inside is messed up nothing was working until i reached up under the dash to pull myself up and bumped a wire somewhere and everything lite up like it was suppose to,of course as soon as i moved my hand it all went dead again so now i need to wiggle each wire to find the loose ones,probably a ground. i wouldn't have this problem but the p.o. son got mad at mom and ripped the wires and slashed paint on the back. he is spoiled ,if i tried that when i was a kid i still wouldn't be sitting down. but you can't spank your kids nowadays it is called cruilty and you can go to jail. but watch out when i get out.

Sorry, I thought we were waiting on you to wiggle wires and narrow it down. Pretty hard to diagnose anything with the info you gave us in one post. There's not anything that just comes loose on all these cars, that we could point you to. Most of the time, the electrical systems on Subarus are pretty solid, till someone starts screwing around with it... or vandalizing it.

yep its just a loose ground wire. as soon as i get over my honey dos i can get back to it . i got most of the parts for the front end except for the spindle or hub or depending on the different parts places.if i got the brakes hot enough to catch the fluid on fire i had better change all of it. it only got hot on the drivers side so i will rebuild it first then move to the passenger side. probably change the struts too.

yep its just a loose ground wire. as soon as i get over my honey dos i can get back to it . i got most of the parts for the front end except for the spindle or hub or depending on the different parts places.if i got the brakes hot enough to catch the fluid on fire i had better change all of it. it only got hot on the drivers side so i will rebuild it first then move to the passenger side. probably change the struts too.

Subaru uses multiple, redundant grounding throughout the harness.  1 item not working could be a ground.  Multiple not working is more likely a Fusible link or main power wiring issue.  Possibly an ignition switch wire.

Espescially if the wire is any other color than black.  Subaru main harness ground wires are always black.