Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyale rear wheel bearing

nice hit, good job getting it done.  That you had to take it off is bad news for us northeast rust corroded WWF Monday Night Raw folks!

The nut itself actually wasn't that bad, but the leverage I just couldn't get good on the ground. If I put it on the lift in the first place and did it, I probably could have got it. But MUCH easier with a socket, way worth either finding or making one. Driving the car home in a few minutes so far has felt awesome. Only issues is that I'm gonna need pads and probably a rotor, but I'll do both of course. When it grenaded everything fell on the brakes and the rotor rubbed on the caliper bracket and the bolts and ain't lookin great. I did drive it off the freeway and a couple blocks to my shop lol but worth it

I honestly have to take full blame for this issue. I knew the bearing has been going for months now, but didn't want to disable the car right before a big trip, even if that meant making it safer for the big trip lol. You can see how burnt the rear bearing race was from my constant ignoring. I always tell people who talk bad on subarus that they don't have all these problems when they're properly taken care of and I let myself slip on that. Glad I got it done and definitely taught myself my own lesson

post-65130-0-31477400-1505955701_thumb.jpg