Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So a ej208tt won't fit but would a ej207 with the single turbo?

yes.

still quite a challenge.  You'd want to get an 02/03 ECU and harness setup or just go standalone aftermarket.

Other things needed:

90-94 turbo Legacy, 02-07 WRX, Baja Turbo, or 04-08 Turbo Forester crossmember

larger exhaust system

Upgraded brakes at least to Dual pot Outback or Forrester front calipers and upgrade to 00-04 Legacy rears.  Or go full WRX brakes.

Trans and clutch if you have a manual.......Gonna want to get a WRX or Turbo Forester or Turbo Outback 5spd and clutch set.  You will need to upgrade to hydraulic clutch to use those trans.

• Like 1

You can use the EJ208 with a single turbo manifold/ header and blocking off the drivers head oil passages.. EJ208 is a bit better than an EJ205 but less than EJ207.

Now if your car is a phase 1 then get an EJ20G or STI EJ20K. They are less expensive ( single turbo ) and electrically the same as USDM phase 1. You can use something like an Emanage blue to tune a stock harness/ ECU. It's not perfect but it works

Yeah, so an EJ20G would run on your factory ECU but an EJ25D ECU ( probably from a '97-'98 Outback would be best )  would have a better rev limit and base tune. Then just use a Greddy Emanage blue for final tuning.. You will need a turbo front crossmember

If you wanted to use a turbo ecu, and can get the appropriate wiring harness for the engine, I can do the harness work. I've done several swaps and harness merges over the last few years. An ej20k into a 97 legacy, jdm avcs ej205 into another 97 legacy, usdm ej205 into 00 2.5rs, v7 ej207 into 05 sti, v7 ej207 into 07 wrx, ej20y into 05 legacy gt with fully functional dual avcs, and most recently a ej207 into my 84 hardtop. We're also pretty close in location, only a couple hours between us.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, so an EJ20G would run on your factory ECU but an EJ25D ECU ( probably from a '97-'98 Outback would be best )  would have a better rev limit and base tune. Then just use a Greddy Emanage blue for final tuning.. You will need a turbo front crossmember

Got a chromoly crewmember my friend made for me