Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Upgrade head lights 1986 dl wagon

You are going down a path of glare, purposely misaligned headlamps, angry, blind drivers and other miscellaneous woe and sorrow.

Do a search for Turbone and his HID headlamp upgrade.  The way he upgraded his lamps is really the only way to do it properly.  You can't just stick HID bulbs in a halogen housing.

• Like 1

You are going down a path of glare, purposely misaligned headlamps, angry, blind drivers and other miscellaneous woe and sorrow.

Do a search for Turbone and his HID headlamp upgrade.  The way he upgraded his lamps is really the only way to do it properly.  You can't just stick HID bulbs in a halogen housing.

DL, not a halogen fixture.

He can simply bolt in a replacement fixture that fits the OE quad lamps hole.

Still obnoxious and I will shine my brights at him happily.  I hate HIDs

Edited by Gloyale
  • Like 3

I hate HIDs

We should get jackets!

Even factory fitted HIDs are garbage. Who ever thought they were a good idea should be shot.

Cheers

Bennie

Edit: best bang for buck is an auxiliary wiring loom that references the factory loom but provides more amps/voltage at the globes due to newer/better wiring. This also allows you to run higher wattage globes if you so desire. Always stick with 55w low beam globes though or run the risk of a lot of blinded angry drivers that might have brighter high beam lights than you do, like this:

ggY7gk.jpg

:D

Edited by el_freddo
  • Like 1