Ultimate Subaru Message Board

brat tail door price

Had a quick workout and it would cost around $250nz to make and freight taildoor skins to the US.Is this to expensive or on target.Please let me know.
That would be about $165.00 American at the current exchange rate. Thats alittle high for me, but their might be others that need one.

From NZ to US $175nz freight and I can make the panel for $75nz.I will try some other avenues to see if I can get the freight down.I would hope that group buying will get the price down.Early days yet plenty of leg work to do to make it viable and affordable.To buy a taildoor in NZ if you can get one will set you back about $200nz to $350nz.I priced second hand doors for my brat at $350nz and just about fell over backwards.

That works out to about $164 US.

How much of that is shipping? Would group buying/shipping reduce that?

How about making the trim strips as well, and selling them as a package deal? It wouldn't drive the shipping up at all I wouldn't think, and it would give the prospective buyer a complete overhaul package for their tailgate....

Also, if you could design the strip so that it does not need the plastic gizmo's to install it, that would be cool. Those are the reason the strip is so fragile to begin with.

GD

I think if you shipped them by slow boat, the price is a lot less. My son shipped a big box full of stuff from Italy by boat when he was there, for around $60.. He said it would have cost him over $200. by nornal means. Took a while to get here, month or so. But what a savings.