Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Southwest meet, anyone?

yes, 2 trips. one will be a lot more family based. but either i'm sure would be great for family style. just one trails will be hard and trying. the other will be a nice relaxing weekend in the woods with some subie nuts! and some light trails. nothing really hard. or that's my plan! kick back, relax and enjoy a good weekend!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Rib-o-Rama, my fiance can cook the best ribs... mmmm mmmm.. she uses a crockpot to get all of the meat tender. I usually put mine in the oven or boil it and then kiss em with fire and BBQ Sause.

rib cook off???

BW

STOP that now! Your guy are making me hungry! :slobber:

Think I'm gonna go have some ribs for lunch today..... :rolleyes:

I agree with what Jason posted earlier....

Two trips, both would be fine for family/friends but the main difference would be the terrain. I'd think you'd have to expect some brakage/carnage in Moab as opposed to a nice trail ride on some SUV trail in the South West. The Mountains in SW Utah are getting pounded by snow right now so any higher elevations trips would have to wait...

Going to lunch...

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

• 3 weeks later...

ha! tailpipe? im driving on half an exhaust pipe right now theres so many holes in it. well, at least i would be if i was actually driving the car...

its sitting in the street across from my house looking all pretty and ready for another haul but alas it has turned gimpy. the rear axles/wheels/brakes/bearings/whatever is making a combination of weird noises, and im going to sell it after i fix it due to money issues. its not like it would be that much money to fix it, but now that ive fixed it up so much from the trashed condition the prev. owner had im broke and have stuff that needs to be paid so.....

so i bought a truck for 500 (its okay, i know where its been taken and its still in good cond. + rebuilt tranny) and im using that because im sick of having to open a hatch every time i want to throw something in my vehicle (esp. heavy and/or smelly stuff) and because i dont have to pour more of my money in to get it back to good condition like i did/still have to w/ the soobie. yeah, and thats it.

sorry guys, i would really want to go (duh, i started this thread) but w/o a soob it would be pointless. and no, the truck is not 4wd. hope you all have fun w/o me.

p.s. if you still wanna invite me ill be happy to tag along in someone elses car.:)

• 9 years later...

revivin the dead a decade out.

I've thought about trying to get interest in a Moabaroo run, then I had kids and stuff happenes, etc. etc and so on.... I just stubled across this thread and was wondering if you guys ever made a Moab-Subaru run happen.

You're rigs WAAAYY outclass my roo, but it would still be great to make a subaru run here in Moab a reality. different levels of capability from dirt roads to full-on pritchet canyon/metal masher/steel bender stuff or a moab rim group, etc. (like jeep safari but lower key and roos).

I have a strut-lifted 95 legacy running 4.11s and an AUDM DR AWD 5-speed with CLSD rear end. It's a DD and kid-hauler but i've pulled off the white rim (pavement to pavement) in under 5 hours, La Sal Pass rd (since they've stopped maintaining it in 2011ish) and Lockhart basin north to south in it. Its more of a moderate trails rig with hand-picked difficult trails-capable, but for a FT AWD DD, it's not too shabby.

So there's that level, then your fully lifted, locked, welded wheeler roos level and the pavement to Geyser Pass rd.. roo levels we could coordinate for a Moabaroo run.

is there interest, aybe a spring run after jeep week, or before easter safari? Fall is better so maybe start planning a year out?

what chyall think? is it a possibility?

that sounds cool but what id love to do is go to i70 in colorado and take the old mining passes down to silverton and ouray. i finally have the rigs to do it too. while moab is close and would def be cool i just dont have time for an out of state run with our first kid on the way next month.

ive been dying to do this mining run since i lived down in durango.

that sounds cool but what id love to do is go to i70 in colorado and take the old mining passes down to silverton and ouray. i finally have the rigs to do it too. while moab is close and would def be cool i just dont have time for an out of state run with our first kid on the way next month.

ive been dying to do this mining run since i lived down in durango.

copy that!!! I haven't had my legacy up that way yet but really want to get those trails done. A friend took his 4th gen OB up there this suer and here's a brief report, "I have 9-9.1 to skids and 9.5-9.6 to exhaust tubes and about 11.25 to rocker panel. I never hit anywhere, but I needed all of the former on a large rock at Cinnamon and all of the rocker panel clearance on the last, going down, rocky spot on the short section after Cinnamon meets Engineer and before the road splits with straight going to Silverton and a sharp right descending to the wooden bridge in Animas Forks.

The San Juans are totally awesome + provide relief from AZ summers, which we cannot get in southern Utah. Hope to be back...Engineer (minus that optional entry point from 550) is on the agenda, Imogene--maybe."

at just about 3 hours from Durango, Moab is pretty close to ya.

Ooh and congrats on the kid!!!

sleep while you can.

best,

-mw-