Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just found this site,:cool: My name is Gary from Cleveland, Ohio Currently I own a '98 2.5RS Impreza (made on the first day of production in June '97) and a '83 Brat that I saved from the 'junk' yard. My wife has a '03 Baja, my daughter has a '95 Legacy and my son has a '90 Legacy and a '95 SVX. WE ARE A SUBARU FAMILY. Over the years we've owned 1) '85 4WD GL Sedan, 2)two '85 Brat's (one was the feature car at the Clevleand Auto Show in 1985), 3) '90 Justy (four door painted two tone like the FUN JUSTY model), 4) '93 4-door Impreza (first year for Impreza and the only 'front wheel drive only' 'ru ever for us) and a '95 Impreza Outback. The '83 Brat is the most interesting vehical in my 'fleet', when I found it (actually it found me), the re-cycle yard was the current owner's top choice. It had a 'factory' cap over the bed that I wanted for my other Brat at the time. The front axles had been removed and the fuel tank was rusted through. I offered him $100 for the cap and $50 for the Brat. What a deal! Then I found out the real truth, it had been in Lake Erie and the unibody had paid the ultimate price (don't forget the salt used on the streets here in northern Ohio). That's when a 'donor' found it's way to me. A 1984 TURBO 2door hardtop (already in the scrap-yard with minor front end damage, but the unibody was pefect) I grafted the Brat rear section on the 2door hartop and Vuollla a Turbo Brat with 4 person seating inside (just like my wife's $23,000 Baja) and I did it with a total investment of about

$900. 'The Mix' (gary in cleveland)

Gary,

Welcome to the board!

I think your in the right place...

Sounds like you'll fit right in....I think your as obsessed as the strange people who are already here :D

What took you soo long!

We wanna see pics of the 4 seater Brat!

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

:banana:welcome , i live in western ohio, , like 3-4 hours from you , i to am a subaru family , 88 full time 4wd a/t turbo wagon, 88 d/r wagon, 86 spfi a/t sedan , we do have a few meets ,aleast 1 time a year, tom rhee something like that is a brat person, in hillsdale mi, a few times a year we go junking in columbus,oh ,where another board member lives :banana::banana:,

Hey Gary,

Welcome aboard.

I'm down here in C-Bus, and as Jim said, there are a few derelicts in OH, Mich, Indiana and WV that get together from time to time. Look forward to meeting you, and checking out your projects.

BTW, is the Broken Wheel still open up there? Might have to make the trek for one of those "all you can carry" days...

talk soon, John

Hey Gary,

Welcome aboard.

I'm down here in C-Bus, and as Jim said, there are a few derelicts in OH, Mich, Indiana and WV that get together from time to time. Look forward to meeting you, and checking out your projects.

BTW, is the Broken Wheel still open up there? Might have to make the trek for one of those "all you can carry" days...

talk soon, John

John, hope to meet some of you 'guys' one of these days. Right now the Brat is not running:banghead: I fried something in one of the computers and the turbo locked up and dummy me towed it with a towbar without pulling the driveshaft (wouldn't have mattered, automatic tranny was stuck in four wheel drive) so I cooked the tranny pump. This was a pretty cool ride before this happened, it had digital dash (you could change from mph to kph at the push of a button) power windows, power steering, power remote mirrors, factory cruise control, factory a/c and the cassett player still worked. I picked this 'Ru up from Bellaire Wrecking yard, less than five minutes from Broken Wheel and yes their still open (not much subie stuff there anymore). My next upgrade is a complete drive train from my daughter's 'late' 95 Impreza Outback. Car was 'totaled' on St. Patty's Day 2004 (good thing those air bags worked or I'd be puttin' flowers on her grave) and the insurance co. 'gave' me the car for $350. I removed every wire harness and saveable component before I cut it up and put it in the dumpster at work. Oh, by the way, I did not weld the Brat rear section on the 2door hardtop, I figured out how to BOLT IT ON and I can change it back to a 2 door Turbo convertable in a matter of hours. Pix are coming, stay tuned. 'The Mix'

Welcome new but not noob! glad to have such a diversified person on! i bet you like perking the baja and the brat together. i know if i see a baja in my brat, i park next to it.

My wife's Baja and the Brat are almost the same factory color too. As soon as I get some pix I'll try to post. Gary