Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Nos for off boost power on my turbobeast?

Vanislru

I'm thinking about running Nitrous so it comes on just after idle and cuts out at say 1 psi, with the 29" tires i have I'm thinking it woul be real nice to have a bit more torque. I would use a small nozzle as I'm not looking for huge low end torque just a bit more and getting up to boost quicker.

Any thoughts?

How come? If it will lower my intake temp and it's a small jet/valve it wouldn't be providing huge gobs of power, how could it be unsafe other than the fact that i have NOS tank in my car? I know it's not how it's "normally" run but i don't want more top end HP, I want torque down low. I've thought about using a higher comp. shortblock but that wouldn't happen until I fry the turbo block first.

I believe at low RPMs, the fuel/air/NOS mixture will stay in the cylinders longer, creating a more explosive mixture. You'll either blow out your engine or blow up your car. I wouldn't suggest it. If the engine doesn't blow, it'll probably cause the engine to start racing instantaneously making your engine do a nice little China Syndrome on you.

ive heard of Z guys doing this so they can get to max boost quicker. nitrous oxide basically adds more oxygen, helping burn more fuel if im not mistaken. i understand running lean when youre using N02 is what causes you to blow your motor up. i would ask a local speedshop and see if they have any concerns with spraying at low rpms.

I think some of the NOPI drag race guys use it to fill the gap before boost comes on. Now most of them are running HUGE turbos with mega lag, I believe there setup goes on only at full throttle and no/low boost. And I'm sure they are adding the appropriate amount of supplemenal fuel.

Gary

Oh man I'd sooooo love to but I've been so sick, Rianna and the baby too. To top it off I'm trying to hunt down the crackhead who stole our DD before new years eve.

The fenders are trimmed and bashed, just got a few more things to fix like the rear hatch, swap the LSD over to 3.9 and install, small vac leak, install of remote oil filter and cooler in new location, and most importantly fix the gashes in the floor pan from my last crack at a very rocky descent before they rust all to hell [stupid salt trucks/ocean grrr]. I'm hoping for this wed. which probly means sunday. :)

I won't be dumping dollars into Nos anytime soon... I think [horrible impulse buyer]:drunk: as soon as this puppies out of my shop I'll have the co-pilot shoot some digi vids as we tear up the local pit.