Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Big Lift For Forester?

Decker_Forester

I have a 99 Forester S and i am trying too lift it as much as possible, well like 8 in. total. I am trying to fit the kumho road venture M/T's but the smallest those come is a 225/75/ in a 16 rim (actual size is 29.3 in.) since thats what i have and i would like to save the cost of buying new rims.... so i need 4 in. of body lift to do that. Is this possible, has any one heard of anyone doing it, what about gearing, is it going to create serious problems...so many questions with no awnsers. I would appreciate any comments.

Ben

If your going to go with a 8" lift, and turning 30" tires, you might want to have a divorced T-Case installed too. Not sure how tough the center diff on a forester AWD is, maybe look into having that welded shut to power the t-case better.

The 1st guy who comes to mind would be Mudrat, for fabrication... unless you have the know-how.

I also wouldnt recommend Alloy rims. You might want to check into some cheap steel rims which you can get in 15's too.

-Brian

I agree with Junkie,

I think gearing would be a real issue with that setup. The fact the Subaru does not offer the D/R tranny in the US for the Forester is a huge limitation for modifying the Forester for any real off-road performance.

I'd think if you put the tires your talking about....you'd toast the clutch more or less instantly.

If it didn't toast instantly then it would the first time you try to climb any hill. Just for a test try climbing with your current gears and tires. ---My bet is your disappointed with the current setup too :o

My thoughts are unless you have geared it, keep it stock and on mild off-roads. The Forester is basically a snow car...

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer---highly modified off-road vehicle

01 Forester---not an off-road vehicle :rolleyes: